Rainwater harvesting is basically the collection and storage of rainwater from run off areas such as roofs. Harvested water can be filtered and used for gardening purposes, toilet flushing and, with the correct filtration system, drinking water.
Water pumped into the house can be distributed by either gravity or pressurized systems. The gravity system uses a header tank which uses gravity to distribute water to appliances in the house. The pressured system eliminates the need for a header tank; however a pressure vessel is required to maintain a constant water pressure throughout the subsequent equipment & pipe network reducing the risk of damage to devices connected to the system.
Rainwater Recycling – Settlement Process
1. The water goes through the leaf filter which traps any large particles; i.e, leaves, moss, etc
2. It then goes through a calmed inlet. This allows smaller particles lodged on the bottom of the tank, and prevents an inrush of water from disturbing these solids
3. Submersible pump then pumps rainwater into the house using a floating suction pipe meaning that the freshest of water is always taken from the top of the tank
4. The water then flows through coarse, fine and UV filters within the house
5. Tank-made from precast concrete – size depends on roof size, rainfall, rainwater application and house occupancy
Turley’s Rainwater Harvesting Systems
We manufacture durable concrete water harvesting tanks that are certified no EN12566-1. With a huge 3400 liter capacity and strong 45 newton concrete construction, our tanks are ideal for most domestic and commercial rainwater harvesting installations.
Benefits of Rainwater Harvesting
- Rainwater is free! Reduce metered water charge
- Environmentally friendly
- Softer water
- Chlorine free
- Certified to EN12566-1
- 3400 Litre Capacity
- 45 Newton Concrete
- 3.5 Tonnes in Weight
- Up to 8 Bedroom home
- Length 2868mm
- Width 1112mm
- Height 1510mm
Concrete Tank Accessories
As well as supplying rainwater harvesting tanks, septic tanks and water treatment tanks, Turley Bros also supply a range of accessories including risers, lids and percolation boxes.
Please contact us with your requirements for new build, renovation or extension. We are more than happy to assist you with any technical queries and quote you for any of our products and services.